White kitchen cabinets are timeless and will always remain in style. It’s not a big surprise why white is very popular for kitchen cabinetry because it radiates hygiene and cleanliness. White color also radiates a positive aura for the room. It also enhances the lighting of the room, and gives the illusion of bigger space. Still, there are some people with a different opinion; they think that an all-white kitchen is boring and dull. But, still, everyone has their own opinion. Below are some of the most significant advantages of having white cabinetry.
- White is timeless and works with all kinds of colors and styles. White cabinetry is timeless, and is applicable for many kitchen décor styles. So you’ll not have any difficulty blending it with European, contemporary, country, modern, or any other style. Also, white goes well well with all colors, so you can easily match it with your appliances, artwork, or kitchen accents of whatever color. Since kitchen cabinets mostly stay the longest in the kitchen, it is very advantageous when they can go easy with different colors.
- Whites makes the room look cleaner, lighter and bigger. Whites gives the impression of being spacious and bright. Also, in a place where meals are cooked and prepared, white is naturally a wise choice because it signifies hygiene and cleanliness. You can easily spot dirt, so you will immediately know when something needs cleaning. Giving the illusion of a bigger space, white cabinets are a great choice for small kitchens.
You might be concerned that an all-white kitchen is devoid of personality, style and design, but that could not be farther from the truth. The color white can have a personality if you know how to work with it. Here are some ways that you can personalize your white kitchen without having to make an expensive mistake that you will regret in a couple of years.
- Bring in a signature color with the use of wall paint. You can easily change your wall color when you want a different look. It is much more difficult to change cabinetry or the backsplash.
- Make a statement with your kitchen island designs. Your island is a great place to add interesting colors or a contrasting material for the cabinet hardware. This is not too difficult to change when you grow tired of it.
- Put your lighting center stage. Make a bold choice in overhead lighting in your kitchen. Use this as an effective way to show your personality without having to make such a permanent statement.
- Add personality using a piece of free-standing furniture, such as a breakfast table or a hutch. The most interesting and timeless kitchens are those that have more than just built-in cabinets.
- Incorporate color inside your white kitchen cabinets or at the back of a hutch. You might also want to add color through wall art, designs with white countertops, or some accessories.
White cabinetry can be the right choice for your kitchen. While you can install white cabinets yourself, you might want to consider contacting a professional to do the kitchen island designs for you. Certain designs with white countertops may make the room look too sterile and therefore be more creative with countertops.