People say that the kitchen is the heart of the home, and it really is true. Whether you’re hosting high-class guests or helping your kids with homework, it seems that the kitchen always ends up being the central station of the home. Because we spend so much time in this space, it’s only right that we make it as glamorous, modern and inviting as we can. Below are 10 kitchen cabinet design ideas to inspire you.
- Veneer wood cabinetry. Using slab, wood veneer cabinet doors adds depth and warmth to a modern kitchen. Slab veneer doors have been popular in Europe for decades and is now finally making its way in the United States.
- Stainless steel cabinets. A kitchen looks stylish modern when outfitted with stainless steel cabinet doors. Steel cabinets are environmental, sanitary, easy to clean and durable. You can also use MDF cabinets layered with steel.
- Lacquered cabinets. Shiny, bright and rich in color, lacquered cabinets are durable and scratch-resistant. You can get them in virtually any color, but be aware that you need to clean their properly to maintain its sheen.
- Floating shelves. These shelves add straight lines that’s perfect for modern or contemporary décor, although you won’t have any hidden storage. If you are a clean and organized person, this may be the look for your kitchen.
- Colored modern cabinets. If you want to add color to your kitchen, consider colored cabinets. You can use just a touch of color from one cabinet, or go with an entire red kitchen to really make a style statement.
- Modern white cabinets. White kitchens are popular because they keep the kitchen looking clean. They also pair well with many kinds of drawer pulls. You can achieve this look with finishes like veneer, melamine, paint and lacquer.
- Stained wood cabinets. Stained cabinets with a tint of color to achieve a unique, contemporary design. This stained style looks like a mix of nature and modernism. Solid wood slab doors can be colored to match any color you like.
- No upper cabinets. This seems like a risky move, but this will help you achieve an open, modern space. If storage isn’t an issue for you, this clean look might be the best choice for your modern kitchen remodel.
- Distressed gun metal steel cabinets. A minimalist style gives the illusion that this space isn’t a kitchen at all. You can make your cupboards look like a work of art, not a piece of furniture. You’ll have to consult a metal fabricator to help you.
- Mixed cabinet styles. If you’re still having a hard time deciding the style you like, consider mixing all of them. There are so many custom kitchen cabinets NJ combinations to choose from, and you will certainly end up with a style that’s uniquely you.
There are still so many possibilities for your kitchen cabinet design. Before you make your decision, take your time and consider all the choices. Consult a few interior designers in Princeton who can help you weight all the possibilities, and help you pick wall cabinets for the kitchen that goes best with your kitchen design and lifestyle.