Fear of the unknown is a real emotion, whether you are an adult or a child. But for children, who have no control over the situation, the fear of the unknown can be traumatic and distressing. Many children react to fear with panic attacks and tears when they are told they must visit a dentist because it is an unknown. They may have heard an adult talk about a dental visit, or they may have seen a dentist on a television show, but the child’s perception of a dentist can often bring about the same reaction as a doctor visit. To ensure your child has good oral health, begin overcoming dental anxiety by demystifying the visit.
Reasons Children Fear Dentists
Between the ages of two and eight, childhood fear comes in many forms and for many reasons. One of the main factors for overwhelming fear of your children’s first visit to the dentist is often his or her perception of other family members feelings toward dentists. Thus, your child’s anxiety level may be based on what their belief is about your perception of a dental visit. By overcoming dental anxiety, you may be taking the first step in helping your child become less anxious.
Other reasons children may fear dentists can include:
- Emotional insecurity
- Fear of strangers
- Panic disorder
- Fear of pain
- Social anxiety
- Concern about possible threats
- Separation anxiety
Ways to Overcome Children’s Anxiety
Overcoming dental anxiety in children can often be relatively easy because they take their reaction cues from those they trust. You may be able to project positive feelings toward the dentist in a few simple ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit a pediatric dentist before baby’s second birthday.
- Role play a dental visit with your child and their favorite doll and make it fun.
- Keep your words simple. Don’t include shot, drill, hurt, etc.
- Avoid bribery because kids are smart enough to know something is probably wrong if they must be bribed.
- Find a television show they love with an episode about dentists and share it with them several times.
- Make brushing teeth a fun experience each night.
Using Positive Reinforcement Works
Pediatric dentists are typically specially trained to deal with overcoming dental anxiety in children, so finding one you trust can be the first step in developing good oral health for your young child. Finding a dentist for children in Langhorne and talking to your child about the dentist as if he or she were a friend may ease the first office visit anxiety for both of you.
The popularity of healthcare wearables may continue to grow as both consumers and medical practitioners embrace these emerging technologies and the benefits of monitoring health factors in real time. To serve this market, it can be important for the inventor to consult with a wearable device designer to carefully consider strategies for launching new devices that function effectively, connect wirelessly with data receptors, leverage that information via in app analytics and display the data efficiently.
Anticipate Challenges Early
Having been involved in comparable product launches, product design firms may be able to avoid delays caused by reworking product features by anticipating challenges early in the process. Regulatory hurdles may be addressed during the design and prototyping phases. Potential supply chain interruptions may be circumvented so manufacturing expectations can be met. Early marketing studies may reveal unexpected sales channels. Tests can be conducted to validate manufacturing feasibility may expose problems that can be prevented.
Improve Market Appeal
Consumers are more likely to wear a device consistently when it is easy to use and is aesthetically pleasing. Having worked on other products, a wearable technology designer may be able to suggest features that make your wearable medical device more likely to be adopted by consumers. A viable concept, combined with thorough planning and the potential for strong sales, may also drive early investment in the product.
Start-ups need an invention help company engineer the initial concept and may be able to provide access to the expertise needed to turn the idea into reality. Design firms often have logistics specialists to help coordinate manufacturing and distribution. Artists and illustrators are often needed to enhance the invention’s design to emphasize the product value while making it visually pleasing to the user. Information security experts may address data privacy concerns and how non-public personal and medical information will be kept secure.
Ensure Great Product Design
Emphasizing great product design can make healthcare wearables more successful once it reaches the consumer marketplace. Product design engineering specialists may find creative ways to combine functionality with design elements that make using the device intuitive for the health worker and the patient. They may stay away from the types of trendy features that could overwhelm the product’s intended usefulness.
Launch Health-Focused Technology
Health-focused technology may continue to evolve as healthcare organizations and product design engineering firms find new ways for technology to give doctors and patients better information. Ultimately the goal is to make better diagnoses and decisions, as well as change a patient’s daily behavior for healthier results. A wearable device designer can be critical for helping to get these important medical technology advancements from concept and into the hands of users to help improve health and save lives.
Now that your design is ready for fabrication, choosing the right metal stamping company can become a critical step in the production process. Consider the many ways in which partnering with a large metal stamping company may be advantageous.
Cost considerations may be important to marketability of the final product. Large metal stamping partners may be able to share cost savings without compromising quality.
- Setup Costs. Rather than paying for setup on multiple machines, long run stamping machines may save costs due to one comprehensive setup process. Particularly for smaller runs, reducing setup costs can make a significant impact in the product’s final cost.
- Bulk purchases. The larger the partner, the bigger their bulk pricing discounts may be due to the quantities of raw materials they purchase.
- Shipping costs. Larger metal stamping companies may be able to manage more sections of the manufacturing process without passing the product onto another vendor, which can save in shipping and handling costs.
Speed to Market
- Multiple Forming Stages in One Pass: If your metal part requires multiple metal forming stages to occur, using a progressive stamping die may be the way to go.
- Processing efficiencies. Progressive stamping presses feed sheet metal from a coil rather than lifting precut sheets into the press, reducing downtime between processes.
- Availability of materials. Companies that regularly handle larger stamping runs may have on hand a broader inventory of materials, reducing wait times for raw material delivery.
- Longer runs. The price per part costs are often significantly reduced in the progressive die stamping process. Ultimately you will need to sell what you produce so over production is not wise. Accurate forecasting is the key to managing production sizes.
Larger fabricators are more likely to invest in CNC technology that improves quality and productivity. Quite often progressive metal stamping economies can be found in the form of automation. Material handling and press set up is what takes workers the most time and there are lifts, automated die inserters and other automated solutions that speed up the production process.
Best Value for the Money
So the best value for the money comes when partnering with the larger metal stamping companies in PA who can provide manufacturing services that improve the production speed as well as lower costs. When you have product sales over 10K units in a given year, progressive metal stamping tends to be the better manufacturing process to lower metal part costs. Long run stamping companies are limited with only a few good options is Pennsylvania.